Spoiler alert: this post is full of links that will make you think and rethink and determine things about the products you use every day. I would highly recommend listening to/reading these links (um, duh, that’s why they’re on the list – ha!) because you guys? I actually care. I care that you know every ingredient that goes onto your body. I care because your health matters. I care because the health of the people YOU care for matters. And I say it all the time – if all you did was read the research about how grossly unregulated and unreliable the personal care products industry is and then just use coconut oil for everything? Well, then more power to you! The reality is that this needs to change. And it starts with knowing the things that 80% of us just don’t know.
All to say this: please please please be your own advocate. You deserve better.
So this weekend! My parents are in town so we are obviously going to be having a great time, but even cooler? IT’S OUR 11 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! I can’t wait to go on a date with my man and just enjoy some much-needed time together. He’s such a hunk and basically the coolest person on the planet. I’m a lucky, lucky gal!
I hope you guys enjoy your weekend with the ones you love, and enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- PODCAST #1 that you must listen to. What you use on your skin matters. The end.
- PODCAST #2 that you must listen to:Yvon Chouinard of Patagonia. I adored the vision and the challenge to our current culture it provided!
- LOVE LOVE LOVING this series from Cassy – cook once, eat all week? SOLD.
- And while we’re on the subject of toxic chemicals in personal care products, here is a great list of ingredients to avoid in your lip balm, which ones to look for, and here’s my personal favorite while we’re at it.
- Prettiest smoothies I’ve seen in my entire LIFE!
- More gorgeous food? Don’t mind if I do! Salmon burgers with slaw = totally going on my menu next week.
- How to be ambitious without being stressed. Who else could use some lessons in this?!
- Food is so pretty, amiright?
- Eight things to do before 8am. Which of these (if any) do you do every day?
- I’ll just be over here sobbing for the rest of my life.