WHOA this week was nuts! I feel like every time I feel that I’m starting to get life figured out, a curve ball gets thrown my way and I’m back to square one. For example, Monday was a totally normal day and then BAM! Around mid-afternoon I started getting this weird feeling in my eye. Of course I freaked for about 5 minutes that I had brain cancer or an aneurysm, fell asleep on the couch, and then woke up around 3:30am with an eye that wouldn’t stop watering. I went to a walk-in clinic first thing that morning and come to find it wasn’t an aneurysm (thank goodness) or pink eye (phew!) but a great big scratch on my cornea. Not fun. So ancient eye glasses and zero makeup has been my life this week.
Then A came down with another cold again. There’s really nothing sadder than a sick little bug, and so our long sleep-filled nights have once again turned sleepless. With glasses.
Anyway, the good news is that my eye feels 100% better and A seems to be sleeping a little better too, which means that I’m probably due for another curve ball soon…but til then? Enjoy these links! Happy weekend y’all!
1. These floral macarons. HOLY GORGEOUS. (Sugar & Cloth)
2. How to shop in a Parisian cheese shop. Totally pinning this one for later! (Chocolate & Zucchini)
3. Super intriguing – how does your state rank in innovation? Sadly Arkansas is pretty low on the scale. (Bloomburg Business)
4. Have you seen the new dietary guidelines? Apparently they’re controversial, although this is pretty much how we eat all the time. (Newsweek)
5. 10 great yoga poses for a strong core. Doing ’em! (Athleta)
6. Um, gross. If you need me the next couple days then I’ll be sanitizing every inch of my house… (Healthy, Wild & Free)
7. Are you working to live or living to work? I hope to make the transition to the former this year. (HomeAway)
8. Wise words: the world will not end because you ate a salad outside. (Huffington Post)
9. Oh my heart. This is beautiful and heartbreaking and life-giving, all at once. (The Cauldron)
10. This blog. I’m thankful to call this amazing couple friends, a brother and sister in Christ. He is doing great things in and through them. (Maddie Had a Little Lamb)