That’s right, the Maui posts are coming to a close (sniff, sniff). If you’re ever on the island these are the things we ate, did, and places we purchased stuff from. I’ve made notes next to the ones that I didn’t write specific posts about and have included the links to the places I DID blog about. I miss being there but am so happy to share our trip with you guys!
Where we stayed: Ka’anapali Ali’i – By far one of the best places to stay in Maui. The beach right outside of these condos has some of the fewest rocks and coral and the pools are fantastic. It’s within walking distance of Whaler’s Village shopping and a short drive to Lahaina. I would be more than ecstatic to stay here again!
Where we ate:
- Marco’s – This fantastic little deli is close to the airport and has been the first place we’ve eaten on the island every time we’ve been. The food is slightly overpriced, but still tastes fantastic and their desserts are not to be missed!
- The Westin Maui
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- The Gazebo
- Kula Lodge & Restaurant – We ate breakfast here after coming down from Haleakala. It has some of the best views and the food was great, but the service was very slow (albeit very friendly). I would recommend it because the view is amazing and they have a cute little art gallery downstairs, not to mention it’s in a much less touristy area of the island.
- The Sheraton Maui – We got drinks and a hummus plate at the pool-side bar on the last day before heading to the airport. It was the best Mai Tai I had on the island and the entire menu looked fantastic.
- Julia’s Banana Bread
- Sir Wilfred’s
- Whaler’s Village
- Honolua Surf Company
- Shops at the Sheraton
- Foodland (for groceries)
What we did:
- Drove Highway 30
- Four Winds Molokini Crater Snorkel Trip
- Captain Steve’s Whale Watching Trip
- Sunrise at Haleakala
- Surfed and boogie boarded (rentals from the Marriott)