[photo by Faith Dwight]
I’m so beyond excited for Thanksgiving this next week, but y’all? I would love to be at a beach – anytime, really – like the one above. What a gorgeous shot, right? I’m not getting paid in any way to share this, but that’s a beautiful stock photo that I got as part of my Influence Network membership. Pretty amazing!
This week was good, but flew by so fast. We’re going to do a little traveling soon and I’m already trying to plan out every detail of the trip. Just when we got used to traveling with a toddler/preschooler we get to figure out how to do it with a baby AND a preschooler – yikes! I’m a little nervous, but it’ll work itself out just fine. Always did with W, so I’m banking on that with both of them now!
With all of the stuff that’s been happening lately around the world I have to be honest and say that I’ve been in a constant state of fighting fear. What a scary world to raise children in, and the news only paints an even more grim picture on a daily basis. I’m really thankful for the hope of Jesus in my life; I can’t imagine how I would cope with anything if I didn’t have that. My hope is that my life would be used for His glory, that my words would be His, and that love would be the theme of my life. And I hope that for all of you too.
Enjoy the weekend, friends!
1. I seriously can’t stop laughing at this monologue. Hurry for maternity clothes (NOT)! (McSweeny’s)
2. Also, welcome to the first few months of having two kids. And I still totally love ’em! (Scary Mommy)
3. Sugar cookie mini cakes. You guys, these are the most adorable things ever! (My Name is Yeh)
4. An open letter to momtrepreneurs and side hustlers. My friend MJ is spot on with a subject I need to pay attention to more. (Pars Caeli)
5. Puppies learning to howl. Y’all, I can’t even with this. I’ve watched this video at least 80 times and still tear because I’m smiling so dang hard! #biggestsapever (Huffington Post/Facebook)
6. 11 ways to get the most out of life with minimal living. Truth? I feel like I don’t even have the brain capacity to work on minimizing our stuff right now, but there are some great tips for minimalism in other areas here! (Hey Mama)
7. This video is a scream (muahahaha!) – if this happened to me I’d probably wet my pants. Just sayin’ (Ellen DeGeneres)
8. Another awesome “Uptown Funk” mashup, this time with old Hollywood dance scenes. I’m in love! (Slate)
9. A French father explains the terror attacks to his son. Beautiful, and more grace-filled than I could come up. (USA Today)
10. I usually avoid gift guides, but this one for stocking stuffers for men BY a man is pretty great. I think I’ll be getting a lot of tips from it! (Humbled Homemaker)