Maple Pumpkin No-Bake Cookies! Think the classic no-bake cookie, created with the fall cozies in mind. They pair well with coffee, tea and a fuzzy blanket.
We have a nighttime ritual these days that makes my heart a crazy amount of happy. After my boys have read a few books, brushed teeth, showered off, snuggled up in pajamas, and prayed we spend a few minutes watching baking videos on Instagram. You know the ones – where you see an elaborate cake/cookie/cupcake or some other goodness that have been shot in time lapse mode, and set to a snazzy tune. My wild, rambunctious little guys love the artistry that goes into creating that perfect bite of dessert, and admittedly I love it too.
It was during one of these bedtime viewings that I ran across a recipe video for vegan no-bake cookies that were supposed to “melt in your mouth.” The gal who made it had these cookies looking so amazing, I just HAD to try them…and they failed. Like a massive fail. But I just couldn’t get the idea of a no-bake pumpkin cookie out of my head!
After many, many, MANY attempts at various pumpkin no-bake cookie recipes, I finally cracked the code and I am ecstatic to share the winner with you. Don’t be fooled, though – while these cookies do contain pure pumpkin puree and rolled oats, they aren’t health food. Unless you call it health food because they’re so good they make you smile – in which case, yes they are totally, 100% healthy!
A couple quick notes for you though. First, I use maple extract in this recipe; if you don’t have maple extract (or don’t want to go buy some) just sub vanilla extract instead. Still yummy. Also, I have made these using gluten free rolled oats, quick-cooking oats, and regular gluten-filled oats. All good – use what you have. I used coconut sugar, but you can use any kind of granulated sugar (not sugar substitute – I didn’t use any so I can’t speak to them) you want. Finally, I made giant cookies with these (using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop), but you can make them as big or small as you want. I think the general idea is just to make them…and as soon as possible!
MAPLE PUMPKIN NO-BAKE COOKIES
Makes 14 giant cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup chunky almond butter (smooth works fine too)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the butter, coconut sugar, and milk in a small saucepan.
- Heat the ingredients over medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture comes together smoothly.
- Remove from the heat and add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple extract, and almond butter.
- Allow to sit so the almond butter can soften in the heat.
- While the mixture is sitting, combine the rolled oats and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Stir together the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into even drop cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate to solidify.
- Serve cold.