[image by Oak & Oats]
Well guys, we are officially 10 days away from my birthday. In 10 days I’ll be firmly planted in my 30’s, which is both exciting and terrifying. The past two birthdays haven’t really been that big of a deal, but something about being 32 is kind of freaking me out a bit. Like the typical party animal that I am, I’m sure I’ll have a glass of wine and fall asleep at a reasonable hour after eating too much bread and vowing to give up carbs forever and ever.
Some things never change.
Things I’m doing this weekend: attending a one-year-old’s birthday party, wearing a new dress to church (#madisonmademedoit), buying a curling wand, and browsing Pinterest like a fiend to figure out what the cool kids are doing with their hair these days. So basically it’s going to be wild.
1. 6 lessons from football. As a total sports nut, I’d say yes to all of them. Sports and life are so closely related! (Creator)
2. Why depriving your kids of toys is a great idea. HECK YES. While I know we won’t be totally toy-free, I’m going to be working over the next couple of months to remove every non-wooden toy from our house. Want to know more about that? I’m happy to share if there’s interest! (The Guardian)
3. I found this article fascinating. And scary if the comment of cancer as big business is true… (Examiner)
4. One day I really really really will learn to cook like an Italian. Really really. (New York Times)
5. Being you. So many emotions about this one, but I love this simple reminder. (The Fresh Exchange)
6. Completely moved by this. For some reason I feel the Lord pulling my heart towards loving on the special needs community, and this article was just so beautiful. I pray you all read it. (Special Needs Parenting)
7. This genius way to ask about your child’s day at school is blowing my mind. We’ll be using this one y’all! (Cup of Jo)
10. Crappy Pictures. Y’all, I am absolutely DYING over this site – it’s kind of genius and amazing and I wouldn’t be lying if I told you I spent way too much time binge-reading it yesterday about 5 seconds after I found it. SO GOOD. (Crappy Pictures)