When it comes to big events like the holidays I like to go in with a game plan. Well, a game plan that’s held very loosely because as I’ve come to find out the rest of the world doesn’t care if it all goes my way. But a game plan nonetheless, even if it’s simply just to put me at ease during a really busy time.
This year there’s a lot to organize: the planning and nesting for a new baby, family coming in at different times, get togethers with friends and of course the annual Elf-watching that will be happening with steaming mugs of tea, a plate of cookies and a cozy blanket. Not to mention gifts, exercise, eating on normal days and life in general. WHEW! I’m getting overwhelmed already!
Luckily there’s a lot that can be done in the name of saving sanity just by preparing well, and I’ve found that pretty much everything I want/need for this is at Office Depot! Armed with a few sheets of paper and my trusty planner, I’ve come up with a few little things that will help this season go by super smoothly so that I can really savor the time:
- At-a-Glance 2015 Desk Calendar. This is a huge one for me; just knowing that I have a calendar for the next year already puts my mind at ease, not to mention I love getting to fill it in with birthdays and celebrations to come.
- Keurig K155 Small/Medium Office Brewer. You don’t have to have a busy office to reap the benefits of this baby; it’s perfect for parties, dinners, and the always-present need for warm beverages during the holidays.
- Sticky Notes. If you know me in real life you know that I have a serious addiction to sticky notes. In fact, when I was still actually working in a corporate office setting, I had them e v e r y w h e r e. I love lists and I love writing things all in one place, but a sticky note is always so handy and easy to take with you anywhere. The more colorful the better!
- ALL THE SHIPPING THINGS. I love shipping stuff out; I get really excited thinking about how people will react when they receive something via snail mail or have a package arrive at their door. Office Depot is a one stop shop for all of it, and I love that it can all match and look nice. A little Type-A, I know, but it’s got to come out sometime!
- A box of 2,340 Dum-Dums. Yes, I’m serious. Not only are these guys the only way to get my little boy to sit still for a haircut, they’re also really easy to just carry around or share with friends. I’m all for homemade candy or special treats, but when it comes to easy? Dum-Dums all the way!
- Chisel-Tip Highlighters. This is another throw-back to my Type-A days, but I love a good set of highlighters to mark up my favorite books, magazines, and planner with. My favorite holiday use? Color-coordinating presents and cross-referencing for shipping purposes. I have a system.
Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 Tablet. Because who couldn’t use another device to organize thoughts and stay in the know? A lot easier than doing everything on my phone, and easier than anxiously waiting to work on my computer at home. Done and done!
As a one-stop “Holiday Workshop,” Office Depot and OfficeMax offer everything with the lowest prices ever on the Black Friday deals like high-performing laptops to the hottest gift cards so shoppers can find the right gifts for everyone on their lists. PLUS they are offering holiday savings (the lowest ever!) earlier this year with Black Friday sales starting Thanksgiving Day at 6pm, and online deals beginning at 12:01am Thanksgiving morning.
I for one am so excited to start this season feeling refreshed and ready to face the ambiguity head-on, and can’t wait to get started!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Office Depot and OfficeMax. The opinions and text are all mine.