Let me introduce you to our newest favorite dessert y’all. These cups are seriously SERIOUSLY easy, flavorful, and make the perfect tiny sweet treat for when you just need a chocolate hit.
Plus the yummy middle is packed with protein. Win, right?
Last week I had a SUPER HAPPY mail day when I unpacked a great box ‘o’ goodies from the Vitamin Shoppe‘s Protein Pantry (that got photo-bombed by a certain rolling baby):
The Protein Pantry is a whole new category that has been rolled out into 700 Vitamin Shoppe stores nationwide AND in their online store. It’s a curated selection of protein-packed foods like pancake mixes, nut butters, powdered peanut butters, and more.
I’ve been a huge fan so far and have literally been having pancakes in some form or fashion since the box showed up at our doorstep. Literally every single product has been delicious and super easy to make! The products I received are About Time Protein Pancake Mix, Mancakes mix and syrup, P28 White Chocolate Peanut Spread, FlapJacked Mighty Muffins, Buff Bake spread, and more. And all amazing, with more on order. I can’t imagine anything better!
So when I sat down and felt like making some candy the other day I couldn’t help but dig into this awesome stash! The reality is that you could certainly use any nut butter or spread you love, but when it’s packed with protein AND tastes good you just can’t go wrong.
These cups are simple, take no time to throw together, and make the perfect little treat. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Makes 32 miniature cups
- 2 cups chocolate chips, 60% cocoa or higher
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup P28 High Protein White Chocolate Peanut Spread
- Mix together the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave on high in 20 seconds intervals, stirring well in between each interval, until just melted.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Line a mini muffin tin with muffin cups; if you don’t have a mini muffin pan you can also just place the muffin cups on a sheet pan.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each muffin cup.
- Spoon about 3/4 of a teaspoon of the P28 High Protein White Chocolate Peanut Spread into the middle of each cup.
- Top the peanut spread with another teaspoon or so of chocolate, just until the spread is covered with the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until set, and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Vitamin Shoppe. All opinions are mine.
Leave a Reply