I just realized that we are actually just a few weeks away from the end of the year, which is NUTS. I honestly feel like it was just February two months ago? And clearly I’m wrong, but I am baffled at how quickly the time is going by these days. SLOW IT ON DOWN PLEASE.
Yesterday I had a few hours of mommy time, so as soon as I got home I went to town getting rid of toys that we have WAAAAY too many of. We have this cubby thing in our living room with 6 bins that were packed to the brim with toys, not to mention that they had overtaken our (janky) entertainment center as well. With Christmas and the boys’ birthdays just around the corner I knew that it was a now or never situation to get the toys under control. I’m happy to report that I donated 4 very large trash bags of toys to Goodwill yesterday, not to mention the two big ones that I just threw away because they were broken. Never again, y’all, never again.
AND because of the Massive Toy Purge of 2016 I came to the conclusion that I think we need to get a robot vacuum in our house. The floors were just BLECH…so gross…but who has time to keep up with all the dirt and dog fur? Apparently not me! But really – do any of you have a Roomba? Or, more importantly, another brand that’s a lot cheaper but just as good as a Roomba? I’M IN THE MARKET, y’all!
I hope you guys have an amazing weekend – for those of you stuck in snow, I pray coziness and entertained children. For those of us in the awkward freezing-with0ut-snow situation, I pray the same thing…but that maybe you can get outside for 5 minute stretches. The fresh air is magic, I promise you that! Have a great weekend – and enjoy these lovely links below!
- Women’s work. These photos are inspiring and beautiful!
- There’s a decent amount of language, but y’all? The 2016 Hater’s Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog is the funniest thing I’ve read in a LONG TIME – still cry-laughing about it!
- When you’re not the mom you want to be…speaking to my weary, anxious soul!
- How AMAZING does this salad sound? All over it!
- DIY – Don’t It Yourself snowglobes. DYING AGAIN…everyone is so funny this week!
- I want a bite of all of it. All the bites, please.