[via my Influence Network membership]
Every night after the boys get in bed I come sit down on our couch and zone for a few minutes. Then I pick up my laptop and dig into work for the night, which usually includes some social media stuff for companies and writing my own blog, editing photos, and responding to emails.
Last night I passed out on the couch instead.
It appears that this season’s allergies/cold season has overtaken me a little early, and a long weekend of a non-sleeping baby didn’t help that cause at all. Thankfully my husband is amazing and got some lozenges for my sad sore throat, and I just went to bed at 9pm like the elderly gal (at heart) that I am. Luckily this morning I’m feeling better, though, so here’s some great links you should read through this weekend!
1. A way you can help the Syrian refugees from home. (Kickstarter)
2. A really cool Kickstarter campaign featuring heirloom recipes from across the globe! (Project STIR)
3. I don’t know if I could love Ina more. What a gal! (Eater)
4. This watercolor and gold leaf cake is dreamy – and you could actually make one too! (Sprinkle Bakes)
5. In the names of sanity, creativity, and minimalism I’ve been thinking about getting rid of the majority of the toys in our house. This article only reaffirms that desire. (Laura Grace Weldon)
6. FASCINATING. (New York Times)
7. The importance of play – for adults! I always worry about my boys getting enough play, but it’s a good reminder that I need it too. (The Fresh Exchange)
8. Photos of John Lennon through the decades. Such a sweet reminder that we’re all kiddos once! (Time)
9. Fun facts about Chip & Joanna Gaines. Y’all, I’m obsessed with their show and am dying for season 3 to be here already! (Popsugar)
10. Another plug for this awesome cause. Plus you could win money AND a cafeteria makeover! (Uncle Ben’s)