Lovely Links is a weekly collection of a few of my favorite finds from around the web. Enjoy!
Good morning and happy Friday!
We’re just over here in this weird in-between phase where we crave fall weather and activities, but the weather is definitely not matching those cravings. I think it’s been hotter the past 10 days than it was in all of August, only now our pools are closed and there’s no relief outside of air conditioning. Thankfully our local splash pads are still going strong through the end of October (someone in the city actually realized that’s how Arkansas rolls), so we’ll likely be there on the crazy hot days for the foreseeable future.
Sometimes I hate being that girl that talks about the weather on her blog, but it’s nuts how much it rules my thoughts and life sometimes!
In other news, I turn 35 in a week. I’m 99.9% just fine with it, because my perspective most of the time is that it’s such a blessing to get older. I know too many people who haven’t had that privilege, and I know how lucky I am. But there is the occasional 0.01% that freaks out a little when I think about 35 being my new age, especially since it feels like I should still be in college. I don’t FEEL older – HA!
I hope you guys enjoy a weekend filled with the ones you love, and enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- This is one the best, most simplest explanations of autism I’ve seen. We would all be better off knowing more about one another!
- The “natural” beauty industry is on the rise because we’re scared of chemicals. I know I sure as heck am scared of the ones that are toxic, harmful to human health, or have little data showing long-term effects of use!
- Can’t stop happy crying at this.
- Parents! YouTube controls are getting significantly better – this is a big win!
- Have you seen the Mary Poppins Returns trailer?! I’m dead. It looks amazing!
- Loving this DIY everything bagel seasoning since I don’t know if I will ever live in a city with a Trader Joe’s (and it seems like cheating to buy it on Amazon…)
- Love how simple these Korean beef bowls are – no slicing raw meat (one of my least favorite things), and all the flavor!
- Absolutely adore this post about building an audience on your blog from Jessica, and I can vouch that she is 100% accurate in everything she says. She is 100% the girl you read online, in real life. And that’s how you should do it!
- A women in business panel worth reading about. Even the things I don’t agree with for me and my businesses – it’s always worth hearing another perspective!