YAY for short weeks, amen? I love love love when we have Monday holidays – it feels like a great big extended weekend! This week has been good, easy-ish, and fun, although I’m struggling with figuring out how to cook sometimes. I want so badly to share fun recipes with you guys, but y’all? Life gets in the way. And that’s OK. But it’s hard to change all of my habits and activities after three+ years.
DID YOU KNOW that the weather is changing drastically and that tomorrow, in Arkansas, the high is in the 70’s? With a low in the 40’s? I realize that you all probably follow Arkansas’ weather on an hour-by-hour basis, but just in case you missed an hour…it’s going to be awesome. I was talking to my friend Emily and she said she might just wake up early and wear a sweatshirt because she can. I think she’s a genius.
Periscope. I’m failing at it, but loving it all the same. I think it’s important to have a phone that works in order to rock the Periscope world, and unfortunately my phone does not work. Womp womp. But someday soon you can find me on there telling you about all the things while I wear my #mombun for the rest of my life.
OK. Y’all go – enjoy your weekend, the great weather, college football, and these fun links below! XOXO
1. I am L O V I N G these legit mom style posts from Natalie. I love her style – it’s so classy and cool and easy – and would have a total fan girl moment if I ever met her. CHECK IT OUT. (Thoughts by Natalie)
2. Totally devouring this article about how the decrease in play for preschoolers and the rise of sensory issues. We aren’t facing a LOT of these things, but I’m going to be working my tail off to make sure my boys get a LOT of play time whenever possible. (Washington Post)
3. Bottom line: stay in relationship with your parents. They’re cool, fun, and all-around great people – with a LOT that they can continually teach! (Darling)
4. Super cute ways to style a white tee. I’m all about the casual look, but love when even I can take a staple and turn it into something new! (Verily)
5. THE most stunning candied apples I’ve ever seen (Bakers Royale)
6. This has been just the most uplifting podcast for me lately. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about it since it’s not business-specific or self-help-y, but I love it so much. I’ve been listening to it in snippets in the car or on walks and I can’t not smile! (Jamie Ivey)
7. Some day I might actually use napkins at all, but I’m hoping I’ll actually use linen napkins with any or all of these gorgeous DIY napkin rings. (Magnolia Homes)
8. THEE easiest burlap wreath…for real though. I’m totally making one in the next week or two!
9. L O V I N G these shoes; not so much the price tag. But a girl can dream, right?
10. So admire this line of kids’ clothes. I haven’t tried them yet (HELLO growth spurts) but want to so badly!