It’s Friday y’all, and I’m so excited! After a stressful first week of school it’s a good time to sit back and rest/have fun with my family. Getting back into the swing of things brings with it a need to focus on new behaviors for all of us, which isn’t the easiest to implement. I’ve spent a lot of time in prayer, a lot of time in worship, and a lot of time trying to focus on things that really matter.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably seen me cry a little this week, and I’ve gotten so many sweet messages from everyone giving me long-distance hugs. Y’all, that is what the internet should be about and thank you for being that for me this week. There are things I won’t go into detail about right now because it’s not my story to tell, but the prayers and hugs lift me up more than I could ever really say!
All of this to say: hold ’em tight. Those people you love and cherish are the ones that need and want and crave and adore your attention – hold them tight. There’s nothing you can take from this world, but when you leave them with memories of your full attention and presence? Well, you’re giving them the world. I hope you all enjoy a lovely weekend, and while you’re at it? Enjoy these lovely links!
- Super intrigued by this instant pot zucchini bolognese…especially since it’s a faster version of a recipe from Meghan Markle!
- The most adorable little immune boosting gummies. Thinking about using my homemade elderberry syrup to make some!
- My mom recently sent me a love letter from my Grandpa to my Mimi and it was amazing. I can’t imagine finding a whole stack from my parents! Note to self: make love letters a thing again.
- Totally pinned this crustless zucchini quiche for dinner next week. You’d think I have an abundance of the veggie at my house…but no. My store does!
- This beautiful piece from Beyoncé. Honestly (and don’t hate me) I was surprised with how eloquent and beautifully she spoke. I’m a huge fan of what she has to say here!
- 9 women show their “best self” outfits and what they want it to say about them. I loved this, but wonder what my endless workout attire says about me? Ha!
- I’ve seen this campaign in a magazine somewhere and have to say it’s genius.
- Please oh please oh please do some research on the glyphosate, the fact that it is linked to cancer, and the fact that it has been found in children’s breakfast products. Y’all, we deserve better!
- Have you heard of the 5-hour rule? Definitely needing to implement this into my schedule…
- Advice from older women to 25-year-old women. I think we could all stand to learn from this one.