[photo from @lindseyfalls]
I feel like I’ve been super dramatic about Fridays the past couple weeks, but truth be told it’s a pretty dramatic time in my life. Both of my boys are learning how to be people with personalities and differences of opinion, it’s hot outside, school is starting soon, and our travel schedule has been all kinds of crazy for the past 3 weeks. Nate has been gone for 7 days (he’s back now thank goodness), A has his final molars coming in (so much praise for this…), and I’m speaking at the Megaphone Summit this weekend. Ironically enough it’s about balancing motherhood and blogging, the very thing I’ve been struggling with for the past month.
But as much as it feels like I complain I am so happy in this little life, and so thankful for the blessings I have. I feel like I should say this out loud: I don’t take it lightly. We believe we are blessed to be a blessing, and I pray every day that I’m injecting that into every conversation, every blog post, every random live video. Life is hard, but beautiful, and I’m thankful. Even when a certain toddler poops on the floor and then rolls his dump truck through it. Really, though, because I’d rather clean that up than not have him at all.
Y’all, enjoy this weekend. See the joy and then choose to live it. I know I’ll be trying to do that too! Oh, and enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- Get the epidural. Agree with all of it!
- Cannot (and don’t want to) stop watching this video. ALL THE SONGS.
- How to kill your marriage with this one root issue. Such a great reminder.
- Love this busy box for toddlers. I may need to make a much larger box…
- The mental workload of a mother. Yep to all of it, and none more apparent (yet) than this week!
- Ever wonder why the heck Orange Theory is so popular? I haven’t tried it yet but have heard great things!
- I don’t have daughters yet but if I did I’d totally pay attention to teaching them to be trailblazers.
- Gut check time: when your kids won’t bow down to your idols. Struggling to find the balance in it all.
- Public vs private personas (plus these photos are great).
- I think #6 is my favorite.