Gluten-Free Blender Pumpkin Breakfast Cake is really an any time cake, but is an especially epic way to start the day! Serve at any temperature and enjoy those crisp, cool mornings with this fall favorite!
Let me tell you about how much of a difference 15 minutes has made in my day.
No, I’m not talking about 15 minutes or meditation, or dry brushing, or prayer. I’m talking about the 15 minutes EARLIER that our school district decided to start school for the 2020-2021 school year.
It’s only 15 minutes, right? How can it possibly make that big of a difference? Well, friend, I’m about to tell you. Buckle up!
It all starts with the fact that my Kindergartener is quite possibly the slowest eater in the world. A meal that should take 30 minutes stretches to 2 hours if we let him, and breakfast is no different. Then there’s the epic search for school clothes, charged computers, and clean face masks.
All starts to add up, you know?
With all of that, and 2 picky kiddos in the mix, it can be hard to find a great breakfast option that they love to eat. Or should I say it was hard – because this gluten-free blender pumpkin breakfast cake fits the bill!
This wonder is literally a dump-in-your-blender-and-bake-it-off kind of situation, and ends up with the most delectable pumpkin cake yet. I like to top mine with thick Greek yogurt as the “frosting” but you could substitute cream cheese or just eat it plain. Not judgement friend. Just enjoy that delicious bite however you want!
A few quick notes: you will have to make sure you buy certified gluten free oats if gluten is a big issue for you. If you would prefer to use a sugar-free sweetener then I say go right ahead, but know that I can’t vouch for how well it will work. All I can say? This gluten-free blender pumpkin breakfast cake is a winner for everyone – enjoy!
GLUTEN-FREE BLENDER PUMPKIN BREAKFAST CAKE
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown sugar works well too)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Yogurt of choice to use as “frosting” (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a blender combine all ingredients, with the wet ingredients at the bottom (this helps the blender to thoroughly blend the batter).
- Lightly grease a 9- x 13-inch pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds with a high-powered blender.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely if topping with yogurt for a “frosting”, otherwise enjoy at any temperature for any meal you like!