How is this week over? I can scarcely believe it…but I’m so glad to have a full 2 days to hang with my boys!
- Wes officially pretty much doesn’t like fruit at all and I’m practically giddy about that. Green beans? LOVE. Sweet potatoes? DOUBLE LOVE. Peaches/bananas/apples? Although the faces he makes when he eats those are more than hilarious, he only stands about .5 ounces before he just won’t open his mouth or just plain spits it out. I like fruit, but I’m much more of a veggie lover, and seeing as how this little guy is turning out to look and act more and more like his dad every day it makes me happy to know he has my eyes and love of vegetables.
- He adores the Johnny Jump-Up that we are borrowing from our friends Jason & Steph (thanks again guys!)! Like all new things he kind of sort of hated it at first because he wasn’t sure what to do (OK maybe he gets that from me too), but once I started bouncing him up and down in it he started cracking huge smiles and stays in it for hours while I fold clothes, blog and cook. Well, maybe not hours, but he doesn’t show any signs of wanting to stop!
- Napping is going SOOOOOOOO much better. We are still letting him take his first nap in his swing, but all other naps are in his crib and he’s sleeping great. Now we just have to get him to sleep through the night. Speaking of which, anyone have any tips? We’ve done what all the books say to do, nothing. We’ve tried to let him cry it out, we’ve tried just picking him up and holding him for a bit, we’ve tried pacifiers (which have never worked), and none of it has worked. And mama doesn’t want to do the wake-up-twice-a-night thing for the next 6 months…
- Today Nate and I are going to get our Tdap vaccinations (Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis) today. Apparently there have been 18,000 cases and 9 infant deaths from it this year, and our pediatrician recommended getting it to make sure we can fully protect Wes as much as possible. I’m not stoked about the whole shot part, but I look at my little nugget and figure it’s worth it. Just a shot to protect my little man from disease? Sign me (us) up!
- OH! Almost forgot to tell you guys – we went swimming this week! And by swimming I mean I went to Walmart to get a kiddie pool, which they’re all out of, and then came home and filled up an under-the-bed plastic container (long and shallow) with water and sat in it with Wes while we splashed around. It’s been fun seeing him get used to being in water; he really loves being outside so he seems to enjoy this a lot more than a bath! I just know that water is a big love of mine and Nate’s, so getting Wes used to it early is important. Because…
- We booked a little vacation this past week! I’m so excited…we’re finally going to be spending some time on a lake soon, and I canNOT wait. Paddleboarding, waterskiing, wave-running and boating here we come!
- I need to brush our dogs more, as evidenced by several late-night cleaning sprees. I just had to get that off my chest…thanks for listening 🙂
I thiiiiiiiink that’s all for now, but I have a bigger 5-month (WHAT?!) post coming up next week! I can’t believe it’s been 5 months already…time really DOES fly when you’re having fun!