Welcome to 2019: Goals, Intentions, Resolutions & Habits – all about my hopes and dreams for the new year!
Well y’all, we’re officially 3 days into the new year, and the post I had planned to jumpstart this thing is 2 days late. Such is life when you’re recovering from 3 Christmas celebrations, 5 days of travel, and the endless rain we’ve been having that makes my children go crazy with cabin fever. BUT I refuse to let a few days of craziness derail the whole year!
I’m reminded of a time in my life when I was so Type A that if I didn’t have a few perfect days under my belt at the beginning of the year then it would have messed up my entire year. I’m thankful for the way God has transformed me in that way, although I’d be lying if I didn’t look at the picture perfect planners and outlined goals that other people share with a little bit of jealousy.
HOWEVER. Goals and dreams are important to me, they are drivers of success, and the plans on which I build my businesses and life. And yes, I realize you can wake up any day and make a clean start, but there is nothing like January 1 of a new year that makes that clean start even more motivating!
One thing that I’m working on is the practice of adding positive habits to my life rather than restricting or doing something that will at some point instate guilt (think “eating 2 more veggies a day” vs. “no more eating sugar”). I know myself well enough to know that if it’s a positive practice that just doesn’t get done one day, I’ll have more grace for myself. At 35 I’m done with the self-inflicted guilt trips, but I’m still working on myself and getting to the best version of me.
In 2019 I really want to work on creating a healthier version of me – and not just physically. I’m talking mental, emotional, spiritual, the works. And while this is not an exhaustive list, it’s definitely one that I’m working through to incorporate more health into my daily life!
- Read through the Bible in a year. Check out this post for the details on my plan.
- Do prayer + yoga/meditation for 10 minutes first thing in the morning. Basically I’m going to work through what YouTube has to offer for AM yoga here – and hopefully will have some good recommendations to report!
- Choose whole, mostly plant-based foods over sugary dessert, cheese, and high-carb processed food.
- Drink celery juice every day, a gallon of water a day, and cut down to 2 cups of coffee a day.
- Do exercise that feels good and brings joy to my life – no punishment workouts allowed!
- Blog 3 times a week while creating more intentional partnerships with brands I love and trust.
- Move into an even larger leadership role in my Beautycounter business and create an outstanding customer experience for my amazing clients.
- Create more community on my Instagram feed – I love learning about all my friends over there!
- Read a book/month, and maybe work on adding more fiction to my regular parade of non-fiction.
- Reduce the amount of screen time for our whole family, leading with the way I act around my phone and computer every day.
- Travel more! I have no idea how this will happen with our schedules getting crazier than ever, but we love exploring new places together and want to make adventure a bigger part of our lives.
- Create space – literally and figuratively – by creating and sticking to a cleaning schedule. The excessive stuff is just such a heavy weight on my shoulders, and thanks to my new vacuum I’ve seen just how dirty this place actually is. Having a deep clean and less stuff will help so much!
Like I said, not exhaustive – but a great place to start! What are YOU working on for 2019?!