Roasted Green Beans with Fresh Garlic are a staple side dish for any meal. Enjoy alongside any protein you like, or add them to a veggie bowl or salad – they’re good with anything!
As I type these words I must admit one thing: I’m dreaming only of eating a cookie. Something with melty chocolate and perhaps a scoop of ice cream in the middle, extraordinarily big for a normal human to enjoy, and definitely without a hint of green anywhere on it.
When you’ve been in quarantine for a month already it’s hard to stop dreaming about cookies on the daily, and I refuse to apologize for that.
HOWEVER. One can’t (or probably shouldn’t – I mean, I’m not a doctor) consume gigantic melty chocolate cookies with ice cream every day. And so we come this: green beans, and how they’ll never be cookies and ice cream, but we can still make them taste pretty dang great anyway.
Real real here: I love green beans and hate preparing them. I find them so much more involved than, say, broccoli. When they’re done right, though? Such a delight!
I tried to make these super simple so that when you’re grilling chicken or tossing a salad together you could sort of just set and forget the green beans for a hot second, knowing they’d still come out great in the end. I think I’ve cracked the code, and I can’t wait to hear how you liked these guys!
Serve alongside more veggies, lean proteins, and make sure you have leftovers – I loved enjoying mine the next day!
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH FRESH GARLIC
- 2 pounds fresh green beans (I like haricot verts for mine), washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, pasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional, but delicious)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss the green beans with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet; it’s likely there will be overlap, and that’s OK!
- Roast at 450 for 10 minutes.
- While the green beans are roasting, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, pasted garlic, Dijon mustard, honey (if using) until smooth.
- After the green beans have roasted for 10 minutes, toss them gently with the garlic mixture.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!