I remember the first time my friend Stephanie mentioned working with Great Day Farms. “It’s an egg company out of Northwest Arkansas. They sell eggs in Walmarts nation-wide, but they’re so much more than just an egg company. I think you’ll love them!” She passed my information along and before I knew it I was working in a long-term partnership with Great Day Farms, a brand of CCF Brands, and honestly the best collaboration I’ve done to date. And you guys? I have done a LOT of collaborations. While there are certainly many brands out there who do a fantastic job working with bloggers, the best experience I’ve ever had has been with Great Day Farms. As a blogger I always have to consider which companies I want to work with very carefully. The image of that brand can then be mirrored on my own, and vice versa, so making sure that a partnership is a good fit is incredibly important. There are many factors at play, and paying attention to them all is very important. Let’s explore the things that matter to me and why Great Day Farms is such a perfect, dreamy, bespoke fit for myself and the Heather’s Dish blog:
- They fit well within my blog’s genre. Heather’s Dish has been a food-centric blog for a long time, so it only makes sense that a food company would be a good match. While I certainly branch out and talk about other things, I try to make everything center around food and the kind of conversation we’d all have around the table together.
- They are a local company. Granted the headquarters are about three hours away from my front door, but being an Arkansas company makes them a great fit for where I live. I can excitedly work with and promote a company that does a lot for the state that I live in, not to mention their products are available where I shop.
- They have a heart. The more my brand grows the more I want to use my impact for the good of others, and Great Day Farms has that same posture. The impact CCF Brands has through Great Day Farms is huge. They support hunger relief efforts like the Cobblestone Project, One Egg, 7 Hills Homeless Center, Samaritan Community Center, and many more.
- They are on a mission to make a difference. With the three big ideas of always do what’s right, bless others, and live with Grace, Great Day Farms is making a difference by being different. Working with a company that cares and has the same core values as I do has made all the difference.
- They make me feel like family. I’m a freelancer, and a lot of times companies can make freelancer’s very aware that they don’t actually work there. But Great Day Farms has made me feel like part of the team from day one. From paying on time all the time, to quick responses to questions, to welcoming me as part of the team at events – it all has gone a long way in earning respect and enthusiasm.
Honestly I could go on for a while about this fantastic partnership, but the key things you should take away when collaborating with other companies go much deeper than money. Sure, the payment is part of the whole pie, but finding a company or organization who is in line with the things you’re passionate about not only improves the quality of your work for them, but it makes working for them FUN!
Brands are searching for voices like yours. A TapInfluence profile is a great way to attract attention from top brands who are eager to work with influencers on sponsored content. To get started, create your free profile here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of TapInfluence, the leader in connecting influencers with opportunties to collaborate with brands.