Earlier this week I was reminded exactly why I don’t like tornado season – y’all, IT’S FLIPPING SCARY! The sirens were going off, the rain was blowing sideways into our windows, the TV froze up so we had to watch the radar on our phones, and I was shaking like a LEAF.
When I was growing up in West Texas we would have warnings all the time and I never once saw a tornado. I remember one night driving home from volleyball practice the radio DJ was saying that they had spotted 14 tornados on the ground in the area and it didn’t phase me. But fast forward to 2 years ago and there was a massive tornado that touched down not far from our house here in Arkansas and it destroyed homes and lives and it become much more real to me. So I suppose shaking and being scared is probably the more reasonable reaction to have, right?
Anyway…IT’S THE WEEKEND!!! WOOHOO!!! I’m hoping for some farmer’s markets and potential hiking to be in store for us, plus limited screen time please and thanks. I hope you guys have an amazing weekend and enjoy these links below! XOXO
1. National Geographic travel photographer of the year entries. So much beauty! (This is Colossal)
2. The families of two brothers separated by the Holocaust finally meet. Love. (Washington Post)
3. Really digging the salad board idea! (Williams-Sonoma)
4. Birth videos = all the emotions. Especially this one! (Babycenter)
5. I went to a strip club. God is using this blog to mess me up in such a good way! (Just a Jesus Follower)
6. On how real working mothers manage all the things. (Verily)
7. So much pretty in this new-to-me blog! (Natalie Creates)
8. Want to share your story? Love this list of 5 prompts to help you do that. (Darling)
9. On being a surrogate – so selfless! Would you do it? (Cup of Jo)
10. The American Southern accent explained – really cool! (Michael Dyess)