Can we talk summer for a minute? I’ve so been enjoying spring that I totally forgot about what comes next: sweltering hot days, long hot nights, and trying to figure out the exact thermostat temperature that ensures we won’t melt in our home but also doesn’t drive the energy bill through the roof. Sounds fun, right?
Even though those things aren’t the best parts of summer, I’m actually really excited about this one. Last year A was still a newborn and so I was really hesitant to get outside with him a lot in the heat. This year he’ll be walking and able to play a lot more so I’m planning on frequenting the pool and getting a baby one the kids can splash around in on the back patio. We have a cute little garden with blueberries (WHICH I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT), tomatoes, sweet peas, peppers, onions, and a whole slew of herbs. We’re probably going to get a new grill and I’m pumped about grilled chicken/steak/fish, veggies and PIZZA.
I loved the newborn stage, but I’m just so excited to see the personality in both of our boys shining through more and more each day. They are spunky, sweet, kind of fiery, goofy, and so full of awesomeness I just can’t explain it. The idea of living this adventure with them makes my heart explode.
So summer? Let’s do this 🙂 Oh, and enjoy these amazing links below – #3 is my favorite favorite favorite in this season!
1. So simple, so cute. A great way to entertain kiddos! (Homesong Blog)
2. A new favorite Instagrammer. (Christine Anderson)
3. The best homemaking secret. “She decided for art, to make her life art. She would make it all art — it all would be art, worship, a gift back. It all would preach Gospel.” (A Holy Experience)
4. In that same vein, this made me feel so much better in the midst of a transitional season. (Jennie Allen)
5. Some of the prettiest birth photos – taken in a car of all places. (For Every Mom)
6. DYING for a bite from this hummus plate. (How Sweet It Is)
7. Um, all of these videos. Watching them systematically because there’s a lot to take in! (Q Ideas)
8. A deeper reason for Adam LaRoche’s retirement. Prioritizing. (Relevant Magazine)