THE WEEKEND!!! Oh my word, I thought this day would never come. We’ve had a week with more sickness, injuries, and all the stuff that comes with having kids PLUS I’ve just been feeling really heavy and burdened with the hard things we’ll be explaining to our kids in the coming years. I may be skipping ahead too much, but this world is a scary place, and I want my boys to be part of the change. That means explaining the bad and working through it together…but that is scary.
Anyway, I’m just excited to spend time loving on my family & friends and watching the Oscars. I literally have NO OTHER PLANS, and that’s fine by me. OK fine, a little wine. But I promise that’s it. Now let’s just see how it all works out…
I hope you guys have the best weekend, and enjoy these links!
1. Why fruits & veggies taste better in Europe. It’s not just your imagination! (Vox)
2. Love this interview from one of my favorite bloggin’ gals and her husband on marriage. It’s real, but fun, and just solidifies that love isn’t always easy but it is always worth it. (Nurturing Marriage)
3. Teens & the Internet. Monica nails it again! Even though we’re a long way from teenage years, I know we’ll have to have mini versions of these conversations in the coming years. (Monica Swanson)
4. Parent Fantasy Hotline. I cannot stop laughing! (Hamish & Andy)
5. One word: toddlerography. YES. (The Late, Late Show with James Corden)
6. Beyond heartwarming. (Mediatakeout)
7. We’ve been obsessively watching this little series on Netflix and L O V I N G it! (Netflix)
8. Because the night is dark and full of terrors. (Late Night with Seth Meyers)
9. Stevie Wonder Carpool Karaoke. Apparently the late night hosts are rocking things these days! (The Late, Late Show with James Corden)