We made it guys! Besides being the gateway to the weekend Fridays are my favorite day of the week. We have nothing pressing to do, all of the week’s needs have been met, and we get to just sit back and enjoy the day. I’m thinking we’ll be spending as much time as possible outside – after all, I got hats for both boys and we all have jackets so there’s really no excuse. Bonus: A is now able to ride in a normal stroller, so I’m kind of stoked to get out and take advantage of his newfound skill!
Plans for the weekend include a lot of outdoor time and cleaning out our crawl space and putting gardening stuff away til the spring. I’m fancy like that. BUT! I hope you guys have a super exciting one and enjoy these fun links!
1. This is a fascinating article on linguistics and first languages, with a great story to boot. (Nautilus)
2. So kids + fancy artisan chocolates don’t always mix…more for me! (Bon Appetit)
3. The case for paid maternity leave in the U.S. 88% of working mothers in America have NO ACCESS to paid maternity leave after having a baby. We can do better than this… (TEDx)
4. 5 things learned from a 6-month Parisian sabbatical. I would die of happiness if we ever get a chance to do this! (Glitter Guide)
5. Breaking up with Target. I think I could survive…maybe… (Espresso & Cream)
8. A gorgeous new-to-me blog. So inspiring! (Quaintrelle)
9. I really loved this post on transracial parenting. As someone who hopes to adopt someday and doesn’t care in the slightest about race it was really eye-opening to see how naïve I really am. Still processing, but I may expound someday! (Becoming Sarah)
10. Life advice from 10 smart humans. Loved every single one of these! (Cup of Jo)