So here’s the deal: as I type this I’m working through some mental stuff about the fact that I really need a rest day from working out today. I’ve been working hard all week, lifting heavier and doing more than normal, and my body is tired. It needs a rest. But something deep inside – that lie that I can’t ever skip a day or it’s the end of the world – is still trying to bubble up. It gets frustrating, you know? To have to continually fight myself, to have to always advocate for myself TO myself. I get annoyed that I even still have to have this conversation, that the thoughts seem to automatically populate subconsciously. All of this to say this – if you ever feel the same way, you’re not alone. You are worth the fight to get better, to feel better, to be better, to do better, even when that fight is against yourself. I’m just really thankful for the redeeming love of Jesus and that the Holy Spirit allows me to speak truth into my own life. Truly not sure where I’d be without that!
So that was kind of heavy for a Friday, right? I figure if I’m feeling it, other people probably are too and I want to be a source of encouragement for you guys. Hopefully that’s coming through!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend, staying cool, and enjoying time with the ones that matter most to you. Enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- Loaded smashed potatoes are giving me all the heart eyes – so easy!
- What happens when this pitcher charges the batter? I hope my boys do this too.
- I would gladly face-plant into this cake right about now. So pretty too!
- I challenged Melanie to a queso-eating competition. I think I could win…especially if it was THIS queso we were eating!
- Loved this piece from Bon Appetit Anthony Bourdain wrote on how he became who he was.
- This man makes recycled homes that look like those in story books. LOVE this story.
- Who What Wear’s June Target collection is so cute – I just wish I could find a great romper for people with long torsos!
- Seven foods we eat in the US that are banned in other countries. Startling.
- Dancing with 100 strangers – dare you not to smile!
- Boys being taught to respect women. YES.