HELLOOOOOOO!!! Well y’all, today is the big day – I’ll be doing my presentation at the Arkansas Women Bloggers University conference on food photography! I’m pumped about it and hope that it’s super helpful to these amazing gals in this state – I’d love your prayers and happy thoughts! It’s the first time I’ll be away from my boys for a few full days and while I know Nate’s going to rock it (let’s face it, they’re all past due for some dude time), I’m going to miss them so much. There will probably-slash-definitely be an obscene amount of tears on my part when I leave later this morning.
OH! OK, so I’ve been hard at work the past couple of weeks on this presentation and the one I’ll be doing on Sunday morning, but one thing I’m super excited about getting more involved with next week is PERISCOPE! Have you heard of it? It’s like YouTube, but you can stream it live and the replays only live for 24 hours after the live stream. You guys can ask questions and make comments while I’m chatting too, which it awesome – I love hearing from you guys! It’s an app, so make sure you download it and follow along @heathersdish. My initial thoughts are to do coffee dates, talk about blogging and motherhood, work-at-home-mom stuff, and probably just some general shenanigans…but please contact me however you want if you have questions or want to know about specific stuff!
Alright, I’m out…but y’all enjoy these awesome links this weekend!
1. The Allume Keynotes are up from last year! Y’all, these are some amazing talks. I can’t pick just one favorite – you’ll want to listen to them all! (Allume)
2. A great post on how to balance life as a working mom. So many great tips, and so sweetly written! (Glitter Guide)
3. Absolutely can’t get enough of this terrarium side table. The very moment I have time to make it, it’s happening. BIG TIME. (A Beautiful Mess)
4. Ever wonder how to achieve that French girl style? This is a great little “tutorial” with fantastic examples. I’m all over the stripes one! (Verily)
5. This is by FAR the prettiest tart I’ve ever seen in my life. Like, I want to cry it’s so pretty. And then I want to devour it. (Southern Fatty)
7. This new-to-me blog. Love the photography, the city guides, the podcasts, all of it! (From the Table Top)
8. This. I don’t think I’ll ever have it all together, but when I look at the two sweet, cuddly, amazing reasons why? I’ll take it! (Wit & Delight)
9. Monica has a new awesome series on parenting teen & preteen boys! I’m a ways away, but I feel like this parenting thing is the test of a lifetime and I better start studying now. Loved this second post a TON! (Monica Swanson)
10. While my tomato plants are lazy and producing next to nothing, two of my jalapeno plants are rockstars and kicking out a ton of spicy peppers! I’ll be making a bunch of my friend Rebecca’s Cowboy Candy with them. A few months from now I’ll be shoveling it into my face for days… (Foodie with Family)