I have 3 words for you:
So here’s the deal – I love my adoptive state of Arkansas. The people are great, the scenery is beautiful, it’s wonderful. But the thing that kills me is that they call queso “cheese dip.” Any good Texan knows that when you melt cheese and Rotel and serve it with chips it’s called queso, and yet I find myself having to call it cheese dip ’round here so that people know what I’m talking about. This is my brain, y’all – I don’t like the change!
However, this weekend there is an entire festival dedicated to cheese dip/queso and I really don’t care what the heck I have to call it. Because I’m going to eat the heck out of some queso this weekend! WOOHOO!!!
What are y’all up to this weekend? Hopefully spending time with people you love and enjoying some of these lovely links while you’re at it! 😉
- How to screw up – what could you do if you didn’t fear failure?
- You can do well and you can do good – the two are mutually exclusive!
- Bullying is absolutely not ever OK. Would you step in?
- 5 staples in the French woman’s closet (I love them all but the beret still scares me…)
- Pineappling – who’s going to try it this weekend?! ME ME ME!
- Apple + bacon + rosemary + pizza. All so good!
- All about buying a side of beef – I’ve been wanting to do this for a while! Who’s going in with me?
- Will I ever be cool enough to be Parisian? Maybe I could throw a party and make it look that way…
- Love that we’re moving toward pro-aging.