When I shared my story of losing Story there were so many amazing friends – a lot of you – who reached out to love on us during that difficult time. I was shocked at how many women came forward with their own stories of loss, and even more shocked at the number of women have reached out long after the fact. While I had followed Courtney’s blog for a while we hadn’t ever really connected until she shared the sad news that she, too, had miscarried and was heartbroken. Over the course of the next months and years I learned more and more about this sweet girl and her heart for community, great food, and being a change in the world.
Last October I went on a trip with the American Dairy Association to Ohio and finally had a chance to meet Courtney in person! It’s such an incredible treat to meet, in person, the bloggers that I love so dearly, and getting to hug her neck in real life was just so fun. Not only is she exactly as sweet and lovely as she is on her blog, she’s even more so with great hair to match.
Is that weird? A weird thing to say? Because y’all – homegirl rocks the curly hair. I couldn’t get over how pretty it was!
I’m so excited to be part of a group of bloggers who are not only celebrating Courtney and all of her wonderfulness today, but to be celebrating the upcoming arrival of her little boy. I love when life comes full circle like this – from sharing in her sorrow to sharing in her celebration, and all of the stuff in between. Courtney, I am so excited for you to experience the joy that being a mother brings. It is truly the most wonderful thing in the world, and there’s no one more deserving of that sweet little boy than you! Congratulations!!!
To celebrate I thought long and hard and finally settled on making a sweet slush for Courtney’s virtual shower. If there’s anything I know it’s how uncomfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy can be, and in the summer? Forget it. God knew what he was doing when he gave me two pregnancies that lasted through the winter months instead! A slush is perfect for getting a tired pregnant gal through these hot months, and maybe even a little extra celebration a la rum (or vodka) after the baby’s born! Or maybe the alcohol can be for those who aren’t about to be totally sleep deprived for months on end… 😉
COCONUT PEACH SLUSH
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (can use full fat or lite)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, skins removed and cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups of ice
- Combine everything but the ice in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice and blend until desired slushie consistency is reached.
- Add more ice if you want it extra thick!
FOLLOW ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE BABY SHOWER GANG HERE!
1. Twix Millionaire Bars from Wallflour Girl
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
4. Cream Soda Peach Floats from Jelly Toast
5. Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
6. No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream A Cookie Named Desire
7. Coconut Peach Slush from Heather’s Dish
8. Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
9. Watermelon Lime Mocktail from The Live-In Kitchen
10. Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread from Namely Marly
11. Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
12. Easy Apple Tart from gotta get baked