What could be more all-encompassing than the fact that I’m a woman? I mean, it’s the underlying reason behind being a wife, mother, daughter and sister, and yet just being the gender I am has taught me so much. I can’t really put it all into words, but here’s hoping that I can get some of it out there!
- BEAUTY. If I had a dollar for all the times I worried about being beautiful enough, beautiful at all, or just trying to make myself beautiful – well, I’d be one wealthy woman. The thing I’ve come to see though is this: just being a woman is beautiful in and of itself. The spirit of femininity is beautiful, and I’m fully convinced that women – all of us – are basically super heroes. We are. Don’t forget it.
- BRAINS. Being a smart woman is even more important than feeling beautiful if you ask me. There are so many things we can do to ourselves to look a certain way, but having beautiful minds is something that will never fade.
- BRAWN. Strength is beauty. Never think, as I did for way too long, that it isn’t. I rejoice in the fact that I have muscles, and I’ve worked hard for them. I would never change a thing about them.
- HEART. There’s something unbelievably beautiful and incredibly sexy about a woman who lives with her heart open. I’m not saying hand out a piece of that precious heart to anyone and everyone, but living in a spirit of fear – being afraid to share who you are – there’s no life there. Living means taking a chance, and if I’ve learned anything it’s that opening up and sharing my heart has breathed life MY life.
- GRACIOUSNESS. Kindness. Mercy. Humble. Loving. All humans are gifted with these things – let’s live our lives filled with them!