First things first, almost-mommyhood has made me love lists. Oh my gosh do I love them! It’s about the only way I can tame my brain into thinking straight these days…
- I can’t believe – seriously CAN.NOT. believe – that we are about to have a baby. At 37 weeks today I’m technically full-term and could have him at any point in time, and that reality will randomly come and slap me across the face several times a day. I’ll find myself both terrified and ridiculously anxiously happy to meet the little guy that’s been spending so much time pushing around in my belly for almost 9 months, and then just break down in tears over the interplay of emotions.
- Washing baby clothes is pretty much a million times more fun (right now) than washing my clothes.
- Although I can’t wait to see every little inch of this little man I’m finding that right now I can’t wait to see his little curled-up newborn booty. Baby butts and baby bellies are just about the cutest things ever – next to their little newborn faces 🙂
- The other night was the first time I’ve seen Nate act even remotely nervous about the birth ahead of us, and his concern was that he wants to be the best coach he can be for me. I just feel the need to iterate that he’s the best coach I could ever ask for, the best husband, the best friend, and the best daddy for our children. Out of everything out there I could be worried about, that’s the one thing I have no question over!
- The baby room is ALMOST finished! I never thought the day would come…we’ll be finishing it up this weekend and taking photos to share with y’all soon! It’s going to be exactly what we wanted, and I’m so excited!
- I randomly convinced myself last Sunday that my water broke and immediately started to panic. Then Nate made me pack my bag for the hospital – and by “made me pack my bag for the hospital” I mean I sat on the bed crying hysterically about not knowing whether my water broke while Nate packed my bag for me. And then I cried because he did the whole thing for me. And then I cried because I realized my water hadn’t broken. And then I cried because I was crying. Yay hormones!
- Thinking about how much I already love this little guy takes my breath away. In case you couldn’t tell, I’m kind of excited to meet him.
- I’m about to be a mom. Yikes.