Today I turn 29 years old, and I can honestly say that I’m happier in life now than I ever have been. It’s funny that each stage of life that I’ve ever lived in has always felt like the best, and then a year down the road I find that I’m much happier and much more comfortable in who I am. Sure, I get nostalgic sometimes and wish that things were like the good ol’ days, but 99.8% of the time I’m truly happy in where I’m at right now.
I remember a while back Joy the Baker had a great post about 30 things she’s learned in 30 years, and I thought it would be a great exercise in thankfulness and reflection to list out 29 for my 29th year. This is a list of things that I’ve learned and/or that I would share with my past or future self. Just 29 little seeds of wisdom if you will!
- Don’t worry – about yesterday, today or tomorrow. It doesn’t help, I promise.
- Love yourself, inside and out. Life is so much easier when you do!
- Love other people, inside and out. Life is so much easier when you do! 😉
- You will cherish your relationship with your parents and your sister forever.
- Baking someone cookies is a true act of love
- Society will tell you to pursue things that bring you money and wealth and things, but go after what brings you joy – you can’t take the money with you when you’re gone!
- Life really is too short and time really does fly by.
- Embrace your curls – they will be a blessing to you one day!
- You don’t have to wear makeup but a little mascara can make a big difference to those blond eyelashes!
- Don’t wait to have babies til you’re ready – you will never be “ready.” Have babies when you know you’ll love them more than you love yourself!
- Relationships are messy, but that’s what makes them worth it.
- Keep in touch with your family and friends, even when it’s not easy.
- Write letters and mail them. It’s a lost art and everyone loves to get mail!
- Discipline is good – embrace it and grace equally.
- A good pair of jeans can take you far – don’t skimp on them!
- Travel as much and as often as you can.
- Remember what mom said about putting stuff away as you use it? She was right. You should do this.
- Laundry always has and always will suck joy from your life. It is, however, a necessary evil.
- You can learn a lot about unconditional love from your pups.
- Take your time snuggling and sniffing your babies. The time when you can do this will go way too quickly.
- Always remember your conviction to adopt and pray continually for God to open those doors for you.
- Read the Bible and do what it says.
- College was fun, but marriage and family are even better.
- You are more than what you look like, but you are beautiful.
- Believe in yourself.
- Believe in love.
- Walking > running…get used to it and you’ll save your knees.
- Your husband will be the most important person in your life and you will love him more than you ever thought possible. And then the next day you will love him even more.
- Jesus loves you, all of you, forever and ever. Honor him.
I hope you guys have an incredible weekend, and just so you know – I love ya 🙂
Leave a Reply