HAPPY NEW YEAR! About a year ago I was exhausted beyond belief in the physical sense, anxious beyond belief in the emotional sense, and all used up creatively/socially/mentally. Pregnancy was hard, and the last trimester of my pregnancy with A certainly confirmed that. It’s crazy to look back at 2015 and see how I went from completely emptied out at the beginning of the year to just overflowing with joy. God is so very good, even to those who least deserve it like myself.
None of that is to say that I’m not still exhausted, because I am, but this time around it’s a happy kind of tired. A joyful sort of worn out. I’m so thankful for our family, the hard times that we went through/are still going through, and the ways I’ve been stretched in the midst of all of it. I’ve learned so much this year on how to embrace seasons, and I’m not perfect at any of it but I’m happy to have seen growth.
You guys, I hope you have a fantastic New Year’s day and take the time to celebrate and plan and pray over this coming year. I’m excited to see what it all brings!
Much love – and enjoy these links!
1. The Friend. One word: WOW. This is what love and community look like, and is also one of the saddest stories ever. Bittersweet. (Esquire)
2. 22 things to stop doing in 2016. Um, yes to all of these – gut check time! (Thought Catalog)
3. National Geographic’s top 20 photos of 2015. GORGEOUS! (Bored Panda)
4. 100 amazing mini habits that will make 2016 awesome. Yes x 100! (INC)
5. Preschool without walls. THIS is the kind of place I wish I could send my boys to! (NY Times)
6. “You have to be responsible enough to take care of YOU.” Wise words from Jada Pinkett Smith on balancing being a wife, a mother, and a creative woman. (Omeleto)
7. Parents, we have to give ourselves a break…and in that same vein, give our kids a break…to LIVE. (Today)
8. Lots of parenting stuff today! For the momma of the strong-willed child. Encouragement, y’all. (We Are THAT Family)