One of the biggest hurdles I have in every area of life is travel – I love love LOVE it, but staying on track with things like clean eating and clean beauty have always been hard for me when we are staying anywhere outside of our house. This past weekend we were in Dallas visiting family and celebrating our older son’s 6th birthday (I’m still in denial), and so while I failed BIG TIME in the area of eating clean, I did make sure to keep up with a super simple clean beauty routine. So a half win? Either way, I absolutely loved how simple everything was and still felt beautiful, so I thought I’d share just a few things that worked well for me.
Now first of all, you should know that I’m really low-key with makeup (if I wear it) anyway, so while this may seem a little bare-bones to some, it’s right in keeping with what I normally wear. I am of the mindset that less is always more, and this makeup is simple and fresh-faced and couldn’t be easier! The other piece is just consistently taking care of your skin with quality clean products. I’ve never been one who has had bad skin to begin with, which I credit to good genes, but I’ve also never had the smoothness or the glow I’ve gotten from using a few super clean, super effective products. If you start with a good base then less is best anyway.
So, without further ado, here is what I took on our trip this weekend – down to the tiny little bag I packed it in – to keep my clean beauty regimen going strong away from home!
- Beautycounter Charcoal Cleansing Bar. I use this every day no matter where I am, but I find that it works wonders on my skin when I’m traveling – all the junk from airplanes, new atmospheres, all of it – disappears in a single wash. A tiny sliver is all you need!
- Beautycounter Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion. I credit this magic to changing my skin completely, and since it changes the amount of moisture my skin receives based on its needs at any given moment I definitely want to have it on hand when we travel. Always clean, never greasy, and just right for any occasion.
- Beautycounter Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream. This eye cream erases dark circles, which is a must for travel since I hardly sleep when we’re out of town!
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara. The perfect mascara in my opinion – since I wear it almost daily I always bring it with me!
- Beautycounter Touch-Up Concealer Pen in Light. I don’t wear foundation often, but I do like to use concealer to cover up sun damage from time to time. Using a flat concealer brush makes a little go a long way, and helps to blend it really well!
- Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blush in Caramel. Just a touch brings out a dewy, inner glow – plus, if I’m feeling fancy, it doubles as a lip color. The double duty aspect is great for trips!
- Beautycounter’s Brush Bag. Everything in here fit into this little brush bag! Not too shabby!
- Schmidt’s Deodorant in Bergamot & Lime. OK fine, this one didn’t fit into the brush bag, but I brought it anyway because it is a huge piece of my clean routine – and it smells like a vacation to boot.