Another chocolate post!
But seriously, I don’t think I can get enough of this stuff. Not to get all Giada on y’all but I just can’t imagine life without chocolate in some form or fashion!
I’ve really been working hard to “be good” (ugh, I hate that phrase) when it comes to my food intake this year, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to make a sacrifice for it’s chocolate ice cream that’s packed with chunks of sweet, creamy chocolate. I mean really, you can’t go wrong there and it kind of helps me make it through the day sometimes. Hashtag true mom life.
These little squares are super fun to share with W too! They make a great little sweet treat that we can split without getting a sugar overload right before bedtime. I’m all about treating my boys, and it’s great that I get to share in the fun too 🙂
Hope you guys enjoy this ice cream!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK ICE CREAM
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1-2/3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup chopped Ghirardelli Valentine’s Impressions chocolate squares, chopped
- Combine the cream, milk, cocoa powder, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugars are completely dissolved and the mixture just starts to boil rapidly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to make sure it’s creamy.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Churn the cooled mixture according to ice cream maker manufacturer’s directions until it is the consistency of soft serve.
- Fold in the chopped Ghirardelli chocolate.
- Pour into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Serve cold and enjoy!