Happy Monday friends! You guys, this weekend – ugh, just so good. Great weather, great time with my guys, great food (probably a little too much of it, but you know…weekend), great friends. I was listening to this episode of Jamie Ivey’s Happy Hour podcast with Jo Saxton, and she asked Jo what she felt helped her to move past the identity crisis that is being a mom of young kids. The very first thing Jo said was giving thanks for what has been, giving thanks for the moments that led up to this moment of changed identity. Thanking the Lord for your figure you took for granted, for the restful nights you previously had, for the worry-free days of childhood/high school/college/early marriage. Being thankful for the things that shaped who you were before those precious lives came along and deepened your understanding of love. I didn’t put that one in the picture, but I loved hearing that and will be going back and listening again today. There’s a lot of wisdom that can be learned from those a few steps ahead of us!
Now without further ado, 6 things I’m really loving lately and think you guys will too!
- Mimi Thorisson‘s A Kitchen in France. I’m such a Francophile and I’m actually taking the time to read through this book almost 2 (how embarrassing) years later. In a word, this book is magical and we WILL be cooking out of it very soon! First up is her fava bean soup recipe, and I’m a little overjoyed about it already!
- Athleta hit a HOME RUN with their most recent issue. Not the cute clothes, although there are those, but the way they’re celebrating different body types is so refreshing. A lot of women will talk about it from the point of view of a being a mom with a daughter, but as a mom of boys I’m so thankful that I can share with them that we are all beautiful BECAUSE we are all different. Great job Athleta!
- My Polar Loop2. I shared about this one before on the blog, but I’m still loving it especially as we’re about to get outside and be even more active. I won’t lie, seeing the number of steps creep higher and higher the more walks we take!
- These super cute key rings (and mats and bracelets) from Serpent Sea. I love all things nautical, and these beautiful woven treasures are such a fun way to celebrate that love of the sea.
- I am LOVING LOVING LOVING this line of clothes. Seriously, I want every piece – in every color or pattern.
- I posted about this two weeks ago, but I am still really enjoying the Vega Essentials in chocolate. Here’s my go-to recipe, and I’ve even been prepping a couple days ahead of time just to make sure I’m getting a smoothie in once a day. Yummy!
Leave a Reply