Can you guys even believe that Christmas is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY?! I feel like I just got used to writing “2015” on things, and now we’re almost at the end of this year. The older I get the faster time flies, and this year/season is no exception!
Having two kids this Christmas is such a blessing, but can I just tell you that never ever have we had to watch the Christmas tree so carefully? When W was a baby we had the tree in another room from where we usually hung out with him, so it was easy to keep him away. We’re in a different house now, though, and while it would be easy to put the tree in another room we wouldn’t be able to enjoy it as much.
So here we are, watching the Christmas tree like a hawk and keeping all of the wrapped presents hidden until Christmas Eve after the boys go to bed. It’s a different kind of Christmas to be sure, but one that I wouldn’t trade for the world!
This weekend I’m working on getting ahead for the next week in both work and home stuff – which sounds silly but I’m actually really excited! Hope y’all enjoy your weekend AND these fun links!
1. The Instagram Husband. Can’t. Stop. Laughing! (The Mystery Hour)
2. Some fantastic tips on flying with a baby alone. We aren’t doing this anytime soon, but I’m bookmarking this one! (MotherMag)
3. Ever seen an orangutan crack up? Apparently all it takes is a little magic trick! SUPER cute video! (The Guardian)
4. Kindness matters, y’all. Sportsmanship matters. I dare you to watch this and not cry! (DamnBored)
5. 100 notable books from 2015. Whenever I have time to read more than a few pages a day I think I’ll start here! (NY Times)
6. On how to raise resilient kids – some great points in this one! (INC)
7. They helped erase Ebola in Liberia, now Liberia is erasing them. Talk about perspective. (NY Times)
8. The ULTIMATE MAN CAKE! (Huffington Post)
9. 25 ways to a tie a scarf in 4-1/2 minutes. Take notes, y’all! (Wendy’s Lookbook)
10. A fantastic quote for you fellow working moms. The mom guilt has been strong this week, but this really combats a lot of it for me! (MotherMag)
Leave a Reply