Honey-Sweetened Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are chewy-crisp, sweet, and easy to make in a single bowl any time you need them!
Well friends, welcome to March 2020 when everything is cancelled, no one can leave their home, and our very bodies and minds and lifestyles are being threatened by COVID-19. It’s a wild ride, wouldn’t you say? The past week of homeschooling and being basically homebound (only exceptions: the grocery store and our daily walks) has had me feeling every emotion as I try to find the joy and hold on to hope. Real real: it’s been hard. I know it’s been hard on you too; please know that you guys are actually in my prayers every day as we weather this together!
Last weekend I sat back and thought to myself: what does the world need right now? What can I add that will brighten the days of others? Per usual the answer was cookies…lots and lots of cookies.
Since we are all faced with a shortage of ingredients at the moment, and since we are all staying home and likely don’t need to engage in world-record cookie eating, I figured I’d try to find a way to get y’all some yummy (but also healthy-ish) cookies. I wanted to make it so you could enjoy multiple cookies without feeling heavy or wishing you hadn’t eaten so many. I desired to get you cookies that only took one bowl, minimal ingredients, and delivered on flavor.
I think we found the answer folks. These are made with all pantry staples, are sweet and delicious, and make a bunch of tiny cookies you can enjoy at really any time of the day. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Friends, this is a hard time. No one is immune to the impacts of this virus (except maybe Jeff Bezos, but we can’t all be the richest man in the world, can we?). I promise to pray for you guys as a community every day, but if you ever have prayer requests where you’d like me to pray for very specific needs or for you by name, please email me at heathersdish (at) gmail (dot) com. I would be honored to pray for you!
HONEY-SWEETENED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes about 30 cookies
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine the honey, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Dump in the remaining ingredients, with the dry ingredients first and the chocolate chips on top.
- Stir to combine; it will make a stiff dough.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto a making sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies just start to brown a little around the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
- Eat or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate/referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services.