Happy Galentine’s Day y’all!
I’m teaming up today with a fun and super creative bunch of gals to celebrate one another on the official (according to Leslie Knope) Galentine’s Day. It’s basically Valentine’s Day for girls, and I’m SO EXCITED for you to see what all we’ve been cooking up for you!
When it comes to girly food I always ALWAYS think of cheesecake. Sweet + beautiful and in any flavor you like – what’s not to love, right?
So to celebrate my girlfriends I chose to make a super fun and really easy cheesecake parfait bar. The beauty of this is that you can totally customize it to whatever you like. Want ALL chocolate? Lord knows I won’t be stopping you… Want to make it healthier-ish? Go with fresh fruit! Want a little bit of everything (yes please!) No big deal – that’s the fun of it all, you know? You get to make what you want and let the ladyfriends you love do the same.
I would recommend getting some small (4-ounce) mason jars and letting everyone use theirs to fill up on cheesecake goodness. Then if there’s leftovers you can always send ’em home with a jar-full as well! And if not…well, there are about a billion uses for mason jars so you know. Just go with it 😉
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup each of any desired toppings - great ideas are crushed cookies, fresh fruit, preserves, pie fillings, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips, candy, peanut butter, nuts, etc.
- In a large bowl cream together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until completely smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour into a beautiful bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chop/crumble all other ingredients into bite-size pieces that layer well.
- Set out small mason jars or other small glasses, add spoons to all of the ingredient bowls, and let your guests go to town!
- Recipe inspired by and only slightly adapted from the Pioneer Woman's Cherry Cheesecake Shooters
Galentine’s Day Drinks
Blood Orange Bourbon Fizz with Fried Sage from Lauren of Climbing Grier Mountain
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Martini from Shanna of Pineapple and Coconut
Ladies’ Night Rum Punch from Lindsay of The Live In Kitchen
Galentine’s Day Brunch
Sweet Potato Cornmeal Waffles with Bourbon Cream and Pecan Butter from Susan of Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Chocolate Dipped Donuts from Angie of Big Bear’s Wife
Lemon and Ginger Scones from Lauren of Healthy. Delicious.
Beet, Blood Orange, and Chèvre Salad from Lori of Foxes Love Lemons
Galentine’s Day Desserts
Piña Colada Cupcakes from Courtney of Neighborfood
Strawberry Chocolate Dessert Bars from Marly of Namely Marly
Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting from Nancy of Gotta Get Baked
One Layer Fudge Cake from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Double Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Whipped Vanilla Creme Fraiche from Cynthia of Two Red Bowls
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Ice Cream with Candied Bacon Bits from Steph of Girl Versus Dough
Fruity Dessert Pizza from Morgan of Peaches Please
Secret-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Bites (Gluten Free!) from Karen of The Food Charlatan
DIY Cheesecake Parfait Bar from Heather of Heather’s Dish