OK so I lied – this photo was taken yesterday when I was technically only 23 weeks and 6 days. It happens.
I have to admit, I have so many thoughts running through my head these days it’s hard to keep track. Lists are kind of the best way to keep it all straight! So bear with me while I make a million lists about pregnancy:
- I understand that everyone has concern over different books and different techniques of raising a newborn, but I did start reading On Becoming Babywise and I have to say that a lot of it makes sense. A lot of it doesn’t, so I’m taking it all in stride, but the most important thing that I’ve been taking away from it is that maybe raising a baby is doable. I like not being stressed out about it!
- I would probably do just about anything for a cold cut sandwich from a deli right about now. See also a margarita. See also a spicy tuna or spicy salmon roll. See also I was never obsessed with those things until I couldn’t have them…
- I’m not nearly as big as I thought I’d be by now, and sometimes I don’t like that. I still feel like, with all of my layers on, I don’t really look pregnant but just more chubby than anything else. I also really do like not being as big as I thought because it’s making it a lot less expensive with the clothes shopping thing. Gotta save the money to raise him!
- On the clothes front, the tank tops from Target in the maternity section are only my favorite thing in the world to wear. And you can bet that after the baby’s born and I’m back to my normal size I’m still going to be wearing them. They’re so soft!
- Another thing on the clothes front, I definitely prefer the jeans with the full panel. Since I’m not as pregnant right now the lower-cut ones feel a little weird. The problem with the full-panel ones though? I’m not big enough to hold them up yet! Yesterday while I was cooking I found my jeans practically around my knees, and well, that was a little uncomfortable. Yeah.
- Last night I had the meltdown of the century over leaving Nate in Boulder without the keys to his car and proceeded to sob at every stoplight on the way to take them back. The result? No work got done because by the time I got home my eyes were practically closing themselves from the puffiness. The best part is that he wasn’t even mad, I was just a hormonal wreck. Welcome to month 6!
- Today is our 24-week appointment at the doctor’s office and we get another ultrasound since the little dude was looking away from the screen the first time. I am so excited to see him again and hopefully get to see his little dude face! And hear his heartbeat and just have another chance to feel close to him. Oh, and make sure that he actually IS kicking around since I still only feel the flutters and not really any big kicks. Bring on the karate!