Good morning my dears! I hope Wednesday of this short week is treating y’all well – I know my timetable is all thrown off from the holiday weekend, but I so love knowing the weekend is a little bit closer. I’ve started treating weekends as little mini summer vacations because it’s the time we’re all together as a family all day. And who wouldn’t have a good time with that mindset, you know? Summer vacay is here to stay!
First of all I am so so so grateful to those of you who filled out my first reader survey a few weeks ago. I went back and forth with whether to do it or not, and I’m so glad that I did. I feel like we’re all on the same page as far as things I want to talk about and things y’all want to hear! Plus it helped me get to know more about you guys and what you like – let’s just say a LOT of you guys love you some breakfast, and I had no idea! Prepare yourselves for some breakfast extravaganza posts then 😉
I’m not going to share the results like my sweet friend Erin did after her reader survey, mainly because I’m lazy and tired. That honestly is the deal with me right now; I feel SO inspired to do so many amazing things, but at the end of the day it’s all I can do to drag my tired body into bed and fall asleep. It’s a season (called toddlerhood) and some new allergies that are trying to drag me down, but I’m on the up and up now so hopefully that’ll be changing soon! Anyway, rather than recap the percentages and stuff I thought I’d make a list of my takeaways and the sort of things you can expect from here on out. Don’t worry – nothing is weird or completely different, but I have a renewed sense of direction and have y’all to thank for pushing me toward what I already knew!
- There were a lot of requests for more about my life, my day-to-day routine, and the ‘how’ behind all the stuff I do. I’m really flattered y’all want to know – I don’t think I do anything extraordinarily well, but I’m more than happy to share my little life hacks (if you can call them that) and more about my schedule as a work-from-home mom/blogger/writer/etc!
- I was really surprised that there were so many of you who are invested in my journey to health and fitness! It feels like such a long time since I’ve posted about that in full, mainly because over the past couple of years I’ve really tried a lot of things that haven’t “worked.” HOWEVER. There are some things I’ve been doing for a couple of months now that have helped me lose about 10 pounds and feel immensely stronger and better, sans allergy issues. I’m working on navigating how to share all of this without turning this into a healthy living blog again, but I will be sharing as I figure out how to do it best!
- Recipes. This will always be a food-centric blog, meaning that I will always share recipes and food in addition to the things that I’m loving, inspired by, and even the things I’m working through. I don’t share every detail of my life because I want to keep some of it sacred for our family, but through things like weight loss and miscarriage I’ve created such deep and intimate friendships. And as a table exists to bring people around it, my blog (my “table”) will always be here to do that through food.
- Blogging how-tos are another highly requested topic, and I’m really stoked about this! I’m also working on some very limited blog coaching sessions that I’ll be sharing with y’all this year, and I’ll let you know how to sign up for those when it’s time.
- Just a couple of other things you’ll start finding around here: how I’m growing my own food (well, some of it), how we’re decorating our home (it’s taking a looooooooooong time), how I’m working to improve my son’s eating habits, HOPEFULLY how I’m writing a book that I never thought I would write, time management, what it’s like working and mothering at the same time, and then of course ALWAYS recipes.
Y’all, I just can’t even begin to tell you how much your feedback has meant to me and much I cried tears of joy for friends who care like y’all do. You constantly amaze me, and I can’t wait to hone in on the topics I mentioned above – not just because you asked for them, but because they are the things I’m passionate about. You guys know me better than I know myself sometimes 😉
With so much love,
Leave a Reply