GAH! Another ice cream post…I promise, y’all, I’m just getting it out of my system. I really am. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t enjoying the whole “getting it out of my system” process!
I love this ice cream so much that I’m in the process of making another batch right this very instant. It’s so super creamy, just the right amount of sweet, and has the tiniest hint of coconut flavor going for it. We topped ours almost every night with some homemade magic shell, which was heaven.
Have I told you guys about our pool adventures lately? See, when we had A I was terrified about the summer, and for good reason. It’s H-O-T as all get out (heat index in the 100’s oooooooommmmmmggggg….) which means walking and playground times are nonexistent. I never stop sweating from the very moment I wake up to the second I lay my sad, exhausted head down on my pillow. And the pool? It was totally a lifesaver last summer but it’s been so hard for me to wrap my head around pooltime this year.
W is super brave and strong, which are amazing qualities but he’s also sort of fearless when it comes to water and that scares me. My boy is only 3 and loves diving off the diving board already! Watching him and trying to care for a baby makes for some adventurous times to say the least. However. As hard as it still is trying to figure out how to be mom to two sweet boys I know that I have to force myself to get us out the door at least once a day or we’ll all go crazy. So off to the pool we’ve been going every couple days so that W can expend some energy and I can get some sun.
I also got a stroller fan from Amazon (this one) and am thinking we’ll just have to get used to fanning A while the rest of us suck down ice water, wear hats and sunscreen, and take lots of breaks in the shade. Such is the way with summer, amen?
Anyway. All that to say it’s been GREAT to enjoy this ice-cold dreamy treat to finally cool off at night, and dream about fall. And pumpkin. Too soon? OH WELL 🙂
ULTRA CREAMY COCONUT VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can of lite coconut milk (important that it’s lite, otherwise the mixture will be too creamy)
- 13.5 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- caviar from one vanilla bean pod
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional if you want more coconut flavor)
- Vigorously shake the can of coconut milk before opening, then open and pour the contents into a large bowl.
- Refill the can with heavy whipping cream, then pour into the bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar, salt and coconut extract (if using).
- Whisk vigorously for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions until the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Serve immediately or pour into a loaf pan (8- x 4-inch is what I used), press plastic wrap on top, and freeze for 3-4 hours until hard.