I feel like I may – just maybe – use the word “addiction” a little too much. To the point that should I do or eat or say or watch anything two times in a row, well HOLDTHEPHONE, it’s got to be an addiction.
SIDE NOTE: I just looked up the true definition for the word “addiction” and basically found out it only has to do with negative things like drugs and life-destroying things. To which I have to admit that my whole entire post is now going to just sound silly. I digress.
Let’s take a look at the things I’m “addicted” to lately:
- Coffee. Always and forever amen. Although sadly I did get bumped back down to the green level with Starbucks for not earning my 30 stars in 12 months TO WHICH I SAY maybe they shouldn’t run out of my favorite iced black tea in the afternoons. Homegirl would show up a little more if my neighborhood Starbucks would show up for me. Just sayin’.
- Thai crunch salad. I could really truly totally just drink a vat of the dressing. Also, eat lots of peanuts on it. You must trust me here.
- Friends. Believe it or not I never really watched Friends until the last season of the show. I KNOW. But in my defense I wasn’t allowed to when it first came out because the content was a little racy, and then I just didn’t care. Now I can’t get enough and I laugh hysterically at every show. 4 times a day minimum – thank you TBS.
- Stitch Fix. I am so not a fashion maven, but Stitch Fix makes me look like one. I am planning on doing a full post on my latest fix soon, but for now let me tell you that I have a new shirt that has basically evolved my entire wardrobe. So not kidding. Want to sign up? —> here you go!
- Almonds and pecans with extra flavor. This is where today’s recipe comes in. The other day I was making a super flavorful recipe for bar nuts for ChefMom and I could not stop creating new flavor combinations in my head. This little brainchild is a result of that session and I kid you not I could not stop eating them the moment they were cool enough to handle. THEY ARE SO GOOD.
SRIRACHA AND BROWN SUGAR ALMONDS
- 1 cup raw shelled almonds
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Place the almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so until the almonds are toasted and fragrant. Remove from the oven and pour onto a cold plate until the Sriracha sauce is done. For the Sriracha and brown sugar sauce bring the brown sugar, Sriracha and soy sauce to a gentle simmer just until the brown sugar is dissolved. Toss immediately with the almonds and spread on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.