Single Batch Taco Seasoning makes the perfect single batch of ground meat tacos without needing massive amounts of each spice. Weeknight dinners made even easier!
Friends, I realize I’m a little picky and that what I’m about to complain about is really not an actual problem. BUT. I really, truly hate having large batches of homemade taco seasoning on hand. I don’t like pouring what feels like gallons of chili powder and cumin into a jar, I always get concerned that it’s not mixed well enough, and I don’t like having to remember how many tablespoons go into a single batch of tacos.
See? SO NOT A PROBLEM. But a girl likes what she likes, you know?
Nate always tells me that if I’m going to complain about something then I should make sure I have a solution, and that’s exactly what I have for you: a great ratio of spices, the perfect single batch taco seasoning out there!
You can use this seasoning with any ground meat you like; I’ve done it with beef, turkey, and chicken and it’s turned out perfectly every time. Serve it on a salad, in taco shells, in a casserole, and more. Add beans or lentils (YUM), frozen corn kernels, whatever your heart desires. But the best part? You don’t have to try to remember how many tablespoons to add with how much water, and do I really need to add tomato paste?, and where did I even get that recipe anyway? So. Much. Easier.
SINGLE BATCH TACO SEASONING
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup water or veggie/chicken stock
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add 1 pound of ground meat of choice.
- Brown the meat and crumble over medium heat.
- Drain the meat.
- While the meat is cooking, combine all of the spices, without the water, and whisk to combine.
- Add the spices to the drained ground meat, plus the 1/3 cup of water.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and stir continuously until the mixture is the desired consistency.
- Serve hot and enjoy!