Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Silk through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about Silk, all opinions are my own.
Like it or not we are still, even here in the South, smack dab in the middle of soup season. If you’re like me then you’re probably pretty thrilled about it; if you’re like my husband you’re counting down the days to grilling season like your life depends on it. He loves a good bowl of soup, but grilling speaks to him.
Me though? Y’all, I could eat a steaming bowl of chili in the dead of summer and not even think twice. True story.
I love the abundance of fresh fruit and veggies that’s coming our way with Spring and Summer, but while we’re still in it I think embracing winter veggies is fun too. Especially when you can do it in fun ways like creating a creamy, hearty, delicious soup that tastes amazing and is actually good for you!
Rather than counting on a really high fat content, I love that this soup is made purely out of fresh roasted vegetables and irresistibly creamy Silk® Cashewmilk. I’m certainly not one to shy away from a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt on top, but the Cashewmilk adds such a nice creamy texture and faint nuttiness that you really can’t go wrong with using both!
I love the freshness that a few chopped green onions bring to this lovely bowl of goodness; if you have extra leeks you could use those too (although I would suggest slicing very thin). Another fun topping might be some chopped roasted cashews or croutons for a crunch!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
Makes 8 servings
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large (or 3 small) leeks, rinsed thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 32 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removes and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Silk® Cashewmilk
- sour cream and green onions for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss the chopped vegetables with the olive oil, salt and pepper and spread in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Scoop the vegetables into a large stockpot and add the stock and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the Silk Cashewmilk and stir to combine.
- Return to the heat, bring to a simmer again, then turn off the heat.
- Check for seasoning; add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot with sour cream and fresh green onion if desired.