This post is sponsored by @JimmyDean as part of the #JimmyDeanSausage campaign. All opinions are my own.
If there’s one thing that I remember most about Sunday mornings in our house growing up, it’s that we always had an amazing breakfast spread. Eggs, sausage, pancakes or waffles, fruit, milk, coffee for my parents – the works. Both of my parents worked outside of the home, so weekday breakfasts were usually cereal or bagels. Those Sunday breakfasts were something else though!
Now that I’m an adult and have to do grown-up things like feed my family and fold laundry (for the rest.of.my.life.), I love being able to do little things like surprise my husband and kiddos with a Sunday-style breakfast in the middle of the week. It’s not often that I have time to make it happen, and quickly, though. However, with my sons’ recent obsession with pancakes, I have found the perfect solution to getting something fun and delicious on the table while they get dressed and ready for school.
Guys, it’s a little something I like to call sausage-stuffed pancake pops and they are indeed the best thing since sliced bread. Although I think the ease of making these is certainly even more so thanks to Walmart grocery pickup. Throw them on the list and I pick it all up curbside. Not bad for a few minute’s work! Let’s elaborate.
You have the easiest thing in the world to make: Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties. They get popped into the microwave for 45 seconds while you whip up the second easiest thing in the world to make: pancake batter. While the griddle heats up you skewer the patties with popsicle sticks, then dip ‘em in the pancake batter, and then cook them to pancake perfection in a matter of minutes.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves to play with their food and recreate the classics into kid-friendly fare. So, while we may not have the luxury of all the time it takes to create that perfectly slow Sunday breakfast, we can get all the flavor and fun in a few minutes flat!
SAUSAGE STUFFED PANCAKE POPS
Makes 16 pops
- 2 packages of Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 whole large egg
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Head a large griddle over medium-low heat.
- Heat the sausages according to package directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients until slightly lumpy but with no streaks of flour left.
- Skewer the heated sausages 1/3 of the way on popsicle sticks.
- When the griddle is hot, dip two of the skewered sausages fully into the batter, letting the excess drip off for a moment.
- Place gently onto the hot griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until the pancake batter is cooked and golden.
- Remove to a warm oven and repeat until all of the pops have been made.
- Serve warm with maple syrup for dipping.