What if I told you there was a way to enjoy some delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies without any guilt at all? Not that you ever NEED to feel guilty for enjoying a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie during the holidays, but these bad boys you can have a couple of, any time of day, and they’ll actually help fuel your body too!
The key to making these cookies good for you is threefold:
- Sunwarrior Classic Plus Vanilla protein powder. Rice protein with a special superfood combo that packs a plant-based punch, and tastes great too.
- Pumpkin puree. So you’re adding a vegetable to these cookies, which we all know equals health food.
- Mini chocolate chips. You can add less but feel like you’re getting more! Plus they help make the cookies ooey and gooey and delicious.
I sweetened these with stevia, but you could also cut half of the pumpkin puree with ripe mashed banana for extra sweetness. I’m just saying I wouldn’t judge you for it!
These were gone in our house after about 36 hours, and I’m planning on mixing up another batch this morning. One quick tip though? You’ll definitely want to make these into balls and NOT flatten out. The middle stays nice and dense and chocolatey while the outside gets a little crisp. I loved making mine extra spiced, too, so don’t skimp on the cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice – you won’t regret it!
PROTEIN PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered baking stevia
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior Classic Plus Vanilla
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix until totally combined.
- Add the stevia, Sunwarrior Classic Plus Vanilla powder, oats and chocolate chips.
- Mix until well combined.
- Scoop the dough out by the tablespoonful and roll into a ball.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet; they won’t spread at all so they can be placed about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 375ºF for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before devouring.