I just love this time of year, especially when it’s kind of spring-like weather with the crisp breeze of fall and winter. That’s what life has been like the past few days, and this weekend? Guys, it’s supposed to get into the 70s!!! I don’t mean to be that girl who talks about the weather, but I’m a teeny bit ecstatic over the chance to play outside even longer!
No matter the weather, though, the holidays absolutely require hot chocolate in my book. I love a big, steaming mug of rich, dark, creamy hot chocolate, and the addition of warm cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg take it over the top. I’m totally going to share a super chocolatey Mexican hot chocolate cake recipe with you, but first you need to know something amazing:
International Delight has a hot chocolate that’s just PERFECT and all you have to do is warm it up in the microwave! Long gone are the days of powder mixes and clumpy hot cocoa, y’all. This stuff is amazing, and makes a pretty fantastic snack cake as well!
We’ve been through this before, where a snack cake is the same thing as regular cake minus the icing. However, because we’re totally living in the moment for the holidays I think you should top this beauty with whipped cream any chance you get. Some shaved chocolate never hurt anyone either!
And I say after you’ve made the cake you should cozy it right up to a nice steaming mug of hot chocolate too. Because you can never have too much chocolate!
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE
Makes one 8- x 8-inch snack cake
- 1 cup International Delight dark hot chocolate
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8- x 8-inch square cake pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the hot chocolate, sugar, vanilla, egg and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before serving!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.