Have I mentioned lately that we’ve moved? Because yes – yes we have. It’s been so smooth and easy, and at the same time has been a real doozy. Keeping up with a food blog and moving an entire kitchen at the same time don’t really equate to success, but I’ve done it. Sort of. The moving part – maybe not the keeping up with the blogging part 😉 Luckily I created this really easy, hearty and delicious 5-ingredient recipe in the midst of the move and it was such a lifesaver! (OH, and speaking of 5-ingredient recipes did you know that you could enter this amazing 5-ingredient recipe sweepstakes and potentially win $3,000?)
We are meat and potatoes people. We’re also huge mixing-bowl-sized salad people, but more often than not we find ourselves gravitating toward really delicious meat and potato dishes. And to be totally honest, Simply Potatoes is a regular staple on my grocery list – we eat them THAT often!
When I was challenged to come up with a fabulous 5-ingredient dish using said staple I couldn’t help but thing BREAKFAST! I love breakfast for any meal, but something inside said to think outside of the box. Finally, while I was on a walk the other day, it hit me – a pizza made from potatoes and roast beef would be AMAZING!
So while this isn’t really a pizza per se you could totally tell people that it is – I won’t judge you. And you can totally season things up or down with salt or pepper if you won’t – I won’t judge you there either. But the one thing I WILL say is you have got to try this! The potatoes get super crunchy and delicious on the outside, while soft and yummy on the inside. Pick your favorite deli-sliced roast beef to top it with, and a great horseradish. This is a great dinner recipe, but also a perfect little party snack too.
Whatever you do, I hope you make it and love it as much as we do!
MEAT & POTATO PANCAKE WITH HORSERADISH CREAM
- 1 (20 ounce) bag shredded Simply Potatoes
- 7 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 (5.3) ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons extra hot horseradish (to taste)
- 2 large green onions, whites and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, until very hot.
- Pour the shredded potatoes into the pan and press down firmly with a spatula.
- Cook for 12 minutes on one side, or until the pancake is golden brown and moves easily in the pan.
- While the pancake is cooking on the first side, whisk together the yogurt and the horseradish and return to the refrigerator to chill.
- Gently slide the pancake onto a plate, and invert carefully onto another plate.
- Slide the uncooked side of the pancake into the hot pan and cook for another 12 minutes until the second side is golden brown.
- Gently slide onto a cutting board.
- Fold the slices of roast beef in half and evenly lay them on top of the pancake.
- Slice into 8 even triangles and serve with the horseradish dip and sliced green onions.
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.