Low-Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are quick to come together, and pack a flavorful punch that keeps you satisfied for longer!
So I’ve done a thing, y’all. I’ve started doing a fitness and weight loss program called FASTer Way to Fat Loss, and I’m just over the moon about it right now. Not because I’ve lost a million pounds and gained a 6-pack, and not because I’ve earned a thigh gap and size 2 jeans.
Nope, none of that. I’m over the moon because I feel like – for the first time ever – I’ve found something that is sustainable for the long term. I’ve found something that allows me to enjoy food – because I really really do enjoy food! – but does so in a life-giving, healthy way. I feel like I’ve finally found something that will allow me to enjoy eating while not always thinking about if I did the “right thing” for a diet. I love eating Paleo, but sometimes a girl just wants a frigging donut, you know what I mean? And I love that I can enjoy a donut (or pizza, or whatever I want) when the time is right. There’s no restriction, just a change of heart and mindset. It’s a beautiful thing to have for someone who’s battled with food for her entire adult life!
Anyway, this post wasn’t going to be about FASTer Way to Fat Loss, although the desire for these yummy bars was certainly born from the program. See, in FWTFL we track macros and do carb cycling (which I’ll share more about later if you’re interested), and two days a week are low carb days. Turns out there’s a LOT of carbs in this great big world, and I wanted something sweet to enjoy. Enter these granola bars!
These are buttery and chewy and just plain delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate-y goodness to make your mouth water. Even my husband, who doesn’t prescribe to any diet per se, thought they were great! And while they aren’t something I eat every day, they really do hit the spot with a cup of coffee as a light breakfast or hearty snack!
Here’s my favorite thing: you can totally mix and match the nuts as you see fit. Want almonds and hazelnuts? Be my guest. What about all pecans? YEP. You’re the boss – you do you. Pick the flavors you love, and don’t be afraid to spice it up with a little cinnamon or ginger too!
While I’ll definitely continue chatting FWTFL over on my Instagram, I’d love to hear if you guys are interested in getting a long, detailed post here. I’m not a coach; I just genuinely love the program! If so, let me know in the comments below. Otherwise? Enjoy these yummy bars – they won’t last long, trust me!
Low-Carb Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Makes about 8 bars
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate (my personal favorite is Lily’s)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper (you could spray or grease with coconut oil, but the parchment is a sure bet on getting it all out of the pan).
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and pecans in a food processor and pulse until it resembles small pebbles.
- Combine the chopped nuts and all of the other ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan – the more you press it down the more it will stick together after baking.
- Bake at 300 F for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Slice into bars (or wedges, depending on the pan you used) – it’s best to just slice straight down with a sharp knife rather than using a serrated knife.
- Store in a cool, dry place.