Long time, no lovely links! I’m telling you guys this month has been a doozy, and I’m finally catching up enough to be able to get to all the things. That, coupled with the fact that it’s taken me a while to find things I feel are worth sharing, has made me a little delinquent on the Lovely Links front. I feel like maybe that’s OK though – since I really only ever want to share links that I’ve really enjoyed with you guys.
We are fully immersed in fall now, which is weird because I am starting to realize just how much I hate wearing pants. I realize how that sounds – clearly I don’t wander around with nothing on my bottom half – but shorts are just where it’s at for me. I’m not about to buy custom tailored clothes to fit my figure, and yet no one seems to make anything that fits. Or that fits and doesn’t cost a billion dollars and a slice of my soul. Is that weird? Who else out there has muscular legs + rear and is having a hard time finding stuff to wear.
In the same (sort of) vein, I’m considering some wide-leg pants or maybe bootcut (is that what they call them…?) because I’m feeling like my current pants all make my legs look even shorter than they already are. Or my torso longer than it already is. HALP. Apparently I don’t know how to dress myself (and why I’ll probably just save my money and slices of my soul to buy things at Lululemon or Athleta…)
OK. Enough about my clothing crisis. I hope you guys have an amazing weekend, filled with love and laughter. And enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- These tweets from a 5-year-old are probably the funniest thing I’ve read all week!
- Autumn stuffed sweet potatoes. Love these, but I’d probably sub dried cranberries for the pomegranate seeds. Sorry not sorry!
- Dare you not to cry. Or just do what I did and bawl like a baby. There is good that comes from hard work.
- This video made me like Tom Hardy even more. Also, I love hearing adults answer kids’ questions!
- A video that sums up a huge piece of the why behind my work with Beautycounter.
- Isn’t it crazy how our attitude toward one another changes when we realize everyone is a real human with real emotions? Let’s try to remember that in the coming season as people flock to social media to tear others apart because of politics. Let’s BE THE CHANGE to one another. *end rant*
- Definitely the prettiest pumpkin roll cake I’ve ever seen.
- This salted dark chocolate stout cake is silly. JUST SILLY.
- The Halloween costumes I’d give my whole bowl of candy to.
- 36 of the best movie scenes ever. #26 is always a favorite!