It’s the Friday before school starts. I’ll have exponentially more free time to work, workout, invest in my community. I’ll also have a giant hole in my heart every day til I get my boys from school. While I know that school and routine is good for all of us, I also know that yet again I’ve totally missed the mark on being what I would consider a truly great mom for them during the summer.
I realize that sounds harsh…but it feels even worse. I could blame the two power outages, the 2+ weeks of no A/C, the realities of traveling with kids, or any number of other little stressors along the way. But even that doesn’t feel like enough reason to have not taken full advantage of the extra time with my little loves.
I’m working on some ideas for the fall. Some I may blog about, some I may not, but at the root of it all I want me and our home to become a haven for my precious boys to find real rest, real comfort, and to be lavishly loved on. Not a false reality, but a place to feel the most comforted and loved that a person can feel. I don’t know how to instate that…but you can bet I’m going to try. Details coming soon (if I decide to share this journey).
This weekend I’m going to be minimizing my time online in extreme ways to milk the last few days of summer with my kiddos. I hope you guys enjoy this weekend with the ones you love, and enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- This looks like my new favorite way to eat avocados.
- Lowe’s will forever have a customer in me because of this right here.
- Enthralled by these ice cube pies. How fun do they look?!
- Mom quotes. ALL TRUE.
- The prettiest towns in every state. Which one is in yours?
- I am such a fan of linen – and this site has it all!
- 5 things you should ask any cosmetics company you buy from. Girls hit your hallelujah!
- Note to self: a must-have for future real estate photos.
- From Mr. Rogers’ actual neighbor. May we all live our lives as authentically kind as this man did.
- This is horrifying and makes me want to quit the internet.